Nicolás Arroyo, originally from Monterrey, Mexico, has been a valued member of the Peek Law Group legal team since 2017. He works with inbound U.S. and outbound global employment-based immigration law. Mr. Arroyo advises the firm’s clients on Mexican law issues, International law, as well as, on domestic and global Immigration matters. He is an integral part of the firm’s immigration department where he works to on-board new clients of the firm. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Arroyo worked in the department of protection and legal affairs at the Mexican Consulate in Houston. He possesses years of professional legal experience with corporate law firms in the United States and Mexico. In addition to being a licensed attorney in Mexico, Mr. Arroyo has been certified by the Supreme Court of Texas as a Foreign Legal Consultant. Mr. Arroyo is not licensed in Texas. As a Foreign Legal Consultant, He assist the Partners at Peek Law Group, PLLC in the Firm's representation of domestic clients, reinforcing the firm's commitment to providing comprehensive legal services.
Bar Admissions & Affiliations
- Licensed in Mexico, 2006
- State Bar of Texas Foreign Legal Consultant, 2014
- Mr. Arroyo is not a member of the Texas State Bar. He is designated as a foreign legal consultant with the state of Texas.
- Peek Law Group, Austin & Houston, Texas
- Coane & Associates, PLLC, Houston, Texas, Foreign Associate Attorney
- Consulate General of Mexico, Houston, Texas, In House Counsel
- Partido Acción Nacional, Monterrey, Nuevo León, México – Legal Counsel and Regional Campaign Coordinator for major Mexican political party
- Ude Zambrano y Asociados S.C., Monterrey, Nuevo León, México – Law Clerk
- Nicolás has assisted multiple clients in family-based and employment-based immigration cases. He has substantial experience handling global outbound immigration cases, particularly in Mexico.
- As an international lawyer, he has represented companies in Mexico and the United States with commercial contracts and corporate documents involving Mexican law and cross-border issues, mainly in the transportation industry.
- He has also assisted clients before governmental agencies in employment discrimination cases and has assisted in employment litigation cases.
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Hispanic Bar Association of Austin
- State Bar of Texas International Law Section
American Bar Association
Austin Bar Association
- Seminar: Representing Mexican Nationals in Capital Cases, Mexican Capital Legal Assistance Program (MCLAP), Speaker, Houston, Texas, April 2013
- Labor Rights Week, U.S. Department of Labor (WHD, EEOC, OSHA) & Mexican Consulate in Houston, Panelist, Houston, Texas, September 2010
- United We Dream Houston