Austin & San Antonio Misdemeanors Lawyer
Defending Clients Facing Misdemeanor Charges in Texas
Navigating through legal matters can be a complex and daunting experience, especially when it comes to misdemeanor charges. At Peek Law Group, our team of seasoned attorneys recognizes the significance of providing unwavering support to individuals facing misdemeanor allegations in Austin and San Antonio. With a wealth of experience in criminal defense, we are committed to safeguarding your rights and achieving the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Common Misdemeanor Charges
Misdemeanor charges cover a broad spectrum of offenses, each carrying its own set of legal implications. Our Austin and San Antonio misdemeanor lawyers have extensive expertise in handling a variety of misdemeanor cases, including but not limited to:
- Assault: Charges related to physical harm or the threat of harm to another person.
- Drug Possession: Unlawful possession of controlled substances, including marijuana, can lead to misdemeanor charges.
- Theft: Misdemeanor theft charges may arise when the value of the stolen property falls below a certain threshold.
- Disorderly Conduct: Behaviors that disrupt public peace or cause alarm may result in disorderly conduct charges.
- Trespassing: Unlawfully entering or remaining on another person's property without permission can lead to misdemeanor charges.
- Public Intoxication: Being publicly intoxicated to the point of endangering oneself or others may result in misdemeanor charges.
- Criminal Mischief: Willful and malicious damage to property can lead to misdemeanor charges.
Understanding the specific details of your case is crucial, and our legal team at Peek Law Group is well-equipped to provide tailored guidance for your unique situation.
What are the Penalties for Misdemeanors in Texas?
In Texas, misdemeanor convictions can result in various penalties, depending on the severity of the offense. The penalties generally include:
- Fines: Misdemeanor convictions often come with monetary fines, the amount of which is determined by the nature and severity of the offense.
- Probation: In some cases, individuals may be placed on probation, requiring adherence to specific conditions set by the court.
- Community Service: Courts may order individuals to complete community service hours as part of their sentence.
- Jail Time: Misdemeanor convictions can lead to imprisonment for a specified period, typically up to one year.
Understanding the potential consequences of misdemeanor charges is crucial for building a solid defense strategy. Our attorneys at Peek Law Group are well-versed in Texas criminal law and can provide the guidance needed to navigate the legal landscape effectively.
Defenses Against Misdemeanor Charges
Crafting a solid defense is essential when facing misdemeanor charges. Our Austin and San Antonio misdemeanor lawyers employ a strategic and personalized approach to build a strong defense tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. Common defenses against misdemeanor charges include:
- Lack of Intent: Demonstrating that the alleged actions were not intentional or lacked criminal intent can be a strong defense strategy.
- Mistaken Identity: If there is doubt about the identity of the accused, establishing an alibi or presenting evidence of mistaken identity can be crucial.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: Challenging the legality of the search and seizure process can result in the exclusion of evidence, weakening the prosecution's case.
- Self-Defense: In cases involving assault or similar charges, proving self-defense may be a valid defense strategy.
Our legal team at Peek Law Group is dedicated to exploring all possible defenses to secure the best possible outcome for our clients facing misdemeanor charges.
Contact Our Austin & San Antonio Misdemeanors Attorney Today
Navigating the legal complexities of misdemeanor charges requires the expertise of seasoned attorneys who understand the intricacies of Texas criminal law. At Peek Law Group, our commitment is to provide steadfast legal representation to individuals facing misdemeanor allegations in Austin and San Antonio. We leverage our extensive experience to build strong defense strategies tailored to the unique circumstances of each case. If you are confronting misdemeanor charges, don't face them alone—let Peek Law Group be your advocate in pursuing justice and a favorable resolution.
Contact Peek Law Group today to schedule a consultation with our misdemeanors lawyer in Austin & San Antonio!
Dismissed State Felony and Misdemeanor
Dismissed 3rd Degree POCS School Zone, UUMV, and Fail ID
Dismissed/Reduced to Obstruction of Passageway DWI